Wednesday, May 25, 2005

lunch with ling yesterday noon was light and easy. it was good to meet her up after so long, and exciting giggle-ishly to hear of her baby plans.

when she was sharing about the parable of the ten virgins (matthew 25), what it means to keep both our lamps (our relationship of intimacy with the Lord) and oil (fueling it with God's word and truth?) ready before the second coming of Christ, we were both reminded of the importance of snuggling sweetly into our Father's embrace each day. yes, jesus can say 'he doesnt know us' (v.12) when we lose track of that privilege we are given.
Key to keeping the lamp burning, fear of the Lord.

indeed as we move closer to Him, He reveals mysteries to us (daniel 2:28). just like how a person would share his secrets with his most trusted budds. As ling shared this as her deep desire for spiritual growth, i was reminded of joyce's telling me 'God told me you are His friend' after my g12 sisters prayed for me for my 24th birthday last friday (Not forgetting jasmine's vision of a gigantic shower of gold dust upon me. wow). And on the finale of the re-encounter at sofitel on mon, a newly-known sister prayed the exact same thing over me. wow. Father, how can i ever receive such an honour of being called Your friend?

No comments: