Monday, April 16, 2007

Love is spelt as.. Trust.

(an continuation from my previous post 'Love is spelt as Time, part i & ii)

I was just telling someone last week this

"Sometimes i wonder why many people trust me so much".

He answered, 'Well you have a gift, of making people comfortable with you'. I remembered a pastor affirming me similarly that i have an endearing spirit.

* * *

i was very surprised and warmed to see Amy's (one of my precious life coachees) note on my tagboard (at sidebar). My blog has become her 'motivation core'? What an honour. i asked her in what ways, and she described,

"Should be those pictures you put up.. those happy smiling faces, and those meaningful quotes (from the Bible) which make me feel so comfortable and awake. Gradually i saw the meaning in life".

* * *




Last Saturday evening i had a date with yet another girl from one of my Trybe sessions three years ago.

Yvon trusted me within half an hour of knowing me when i first met her as a Sec 2 student. I was so thankful to be allowed into her life.

She is still reading the Bible i gave her 3 years ago. Grins.

Though we talked maybe once a year, we share an incredible bond which i know has been preserved and blossomed by God Himself. It could not have been, by our own means.

She is now a beautiful 17-yr old who just started her Ngee Ann Poly stint today with much boldness for the new stage, excitement for the new environment and love for her newfound friends. I am proud of her. =)


* * *

To all these, i truly thank God.

* * *
Sometimes i wonder how i can have so much strength to continue loving people and more and more.

I am no superwoman of course. I do feel rejected by friends and family at times too. I did harbour thoughts to stop loving certain people too. I remember myself crying out in anguish to Jesus a few times before, "Lord, it is sooooo painful to love. Sooo painful.....".

I do fear giving my all for persons too. I too, don't like to be disappointed at the end of the day by people. There are times when i feel like a failure in handling certain relationships.

i am as human and feeling as any of you.

But my God, as described in the song below, is my strength.

Everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
A kindness of a Savior
The hope of nations

Savior
He can move the mountains
My God is Mighty to save
He is Mighty to save

Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything i believe in
Now i surrender

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King...Jesus



I need compassion?... Jesus has it the most. He has that even for those who murdered Him.

I need to forgive.... or even to forgive myself? Jesus teaches me how to. With His dying breath, He asked the Heavenly Father to forgive the murderers.

If He can move even mountains, if He has the power to even overcome death, nothing is impossible for me. Yes Jesus was resurrected!

When i am afraid or feel like a failure, all i need to do is to surrender. At the Cross.

I trust Him.

THESE ARE HOW I KEEP LOVING.


=)

1 comment:

~jo~ said...

hahaha..i like your sooo in sooo painful

but yea. have been thinking about this for a while.. (:

thank you and thank God.