Friday, April 22, 2005

nothing you do can make Him love you more

i always thought quite highly of my heart.

"Your heart determines the boundaries of your ministry." (Ps Jack Hanes)

i always thought i learnt the art of unconditional loving. But i realised otherwise just last night.

I love each of my gals dearly. Each time their number increased (praise God!), i was afraid all my love would have to be divided into smaller portions for each of them. But to my amazement, He really enlarged my heart when it happened. He taught me to give more, more than what i have and am.

But after the many little incidents recently that threatened to depreciate or even destroy many of the beautiful bonds, i am starting to discover that i can love them according to their merits, their performance, their responses, their fervor for God and G12. Such unbearable conditi0nal love.

i began to reflect on God's love, on what is really unconditional. This song came to my mind..

Nothing you do can make Him love you more
Nothing you do can make Him close the door....

i can never make my Father love me more?

That is cos, He has already given ALL of His love to each of us. It is just whether and how much we receive it into our lives.

Ahh.... *immersing in the intensity and sweetness of God's love again; in His cradle of Love*

No wonder He already accepted, affirmed and approved of me, even before i really love Him.

Teach me again Father, Your love.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement because in this world we are like him." 1 John 4:18

May you continue to love like Him and be made complete within the lovely embrace of our Heavenly Father! You are a mother of love! :P

mirabop said...

:> thanks lovely angel. this is such an affirmation. thank God for you and your love too! *wink*