Friday, April 29, 2005

d.i.s.c.i.p.l.i.n.e.

my second quarter of the year seems to have embarked on a theme called Discipline. After a humbling first quarter through which i know i have decreased in the increasing Presence of my heavenly Father, which i learnt the art of surrendering all, this second theme is definitely for me to learn further from my Father how to discipline myself and those under us, and how to let them learn to submit to Him. The way He teaches me this? By disciplining me. :>

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. (Hebrews 12:7,8)

its definitely not been easy. For someone who avoids harshness in tone, many times i feel like i am rolling a gigantic rock aside before i can step forth to discipline my disciples. But note this: discipline should never be mixed with anger, or done in fury. We teach in a tone that is harsh (note: not loud) enough to make them realise the seriousness in the wrong things they have done, and yet still conveys love. And yesh, target the things done wrongly, not the persons.

"you are such a bad girl to have done that. nobody likes such a gal" implies to them love lost.

much of the time it appears to involve practising an art of talking with tact. or more of with God's wisdom. And the ultimate aim is to convey love, in the hope that they will really learn.

discipline in love. God teach me again. and again. and again.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)


Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. (Revelation 3:19)

No comments: