Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Abundantly. Free.

The concept of Freedom has hinged very much on my heart this year, ever since God deposited His deep passion towards freedom in me through Galatians 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ has set us free...

There were 4 key posts that i blogged on freedom:
(The worth and excellency of a soul is measured by...)
(This is my daughter.)
(Freedom)
(Newfound friends (and freedom)!)


Today i read an testimony - on freedom - of one of my favourite writers, Paula Moldenhauer, on her weekly Soul Scents devotional email. Her email title (as i had copied) 'Abundantly Free' came from here:

Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, His blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans He took such delight in making. (Ephesians 1:7-8 The Message Bible)

I pray that Paula's sharing will lead you to acknowledge, and embrace this Freedom that is readily free for you. Jesus has already paid the price for it, for us all.

(An excerpt from Paula's devotional email)

* * *
Because of Christ’s sacrifice, we are abundantly free. Free from our imperfections. Free from our guilt. Free from the constant demand to “live up” to unrealistic standards.

Let me paint a picture of freedom. A few years ago, my kids and I had a really bad day. I’m ashamed to say I didn’t treat them with patience and grace. I was unkind. Mean even. And then I felt awful and shocked by the pain in their precious eyes!

Instead of confessing to the Lord my shortcomings and accepting His forgiveness, I wallowed in self-loathing. I hated the way I acted and felt I didn’t deserve His grace. I couldn’t forgive myself.

But praise be to God for His marvellous grace, He’s breaking that cycle within me. God is teaching me that Christ took my sins upon Himself and in Him there is no condemnation at all (Romans 8:1).

I cried out to the Lord to help me and He did. I went to my children and asked their forgiveness for my unkind words. Then, an amazing thing happened. My oldest son began to minister to me. I don’t remember what Scriptures He spoke that day, I only know they were led by the Holy Spirit and that they offered God’s heart of forgiveness.


If you ever are tempted, as I am, to punish yourself for the times you blow it, please consider this: Christ died so that we could have forgiveness. He took our punishment upon Himself. He doesn’t want us to penalize ourselves. He took our unworthiness upon the cross and replaced it with perfect and complete freedom to enjoy His grace.

* * *


*I will be sharing more on my own life story of embracing freedom here. Stay tuned! =)*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CWIN says: Hey mum. wells todays training was quite ok but was i had stitch during the first few kms it was terrible that i have to stop for a while and walk. I managed to endure all the way. I ask myself whether GOD is the one who helped me or I help myself. I just dont feel convinced if it is GOD who help me cos I always hear ppl saying ' Praise the LORD for i am healed of whatever sickness I got or whatsoever' Then i ask myself why i just dont feel that way???? btw m just joking in the bus about u having those reactions whenever I stone or look funny. But I really got no one who ask me if I m alright or Y i look like that except u. C= sayonara

mirabop said...

Hi son,

Just curious, do you ever read my blog post before leaving your comments? =)

Bless you with James 1:17 to remember that 'every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows'.

Give thanks (to the Lord) in all circumstances, and you will find that your heart will be filled with gratitude towards Him more and more. Practise that.