Monday, December 19, 2005

The worth and excellency of a soul
is measured by the object and the intensity of its love.
~Henry Scougal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


i've only been a four-year old Christian, and a two-year-plus leader, and i definitely have not seen enough of the Lord. My plead to Him as a fallen, fall-able and sinful being, is for Him to keep and sustain me. One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple. (Psalm 27:4)

But who am I, and who are my people,
that we should be able to offer so willingly as this?
For all things come from You,
And of Your own we have given You. (1 Chronicles 29:14)

This verse blessed me tremendously as i was reading 'The Pleasures of God' by John Piper. Indeed nothing we can ever offer to God did not come from Him in the very first place. As we willingly offer our services, praises and lives to the Lord, let us remember that He delightfully takes them all, not because He needs them, but because He takes pleasure in us from the very beginning. May this give you greater strength and yet freedom to serve and love Him, a God who is 'overflowing, all-sufficient, and ever-happy'. :)

No comments: