Friday, September 15, 2006

Peculiar Beings. Peculiar Love. Peculiar Happenings.


Click on the Peculiars below to know how peculiar they are.

Peculiar Beings...

Reading this artwork by my current favourite designer Edward Monkton reminded me of a handful of precious buddies whom have faithfully stood with me through the tests of time and life.

Many of them are from my spiritual family in FCBC, and i can never thank God enough for them. Most of the time we are busy with the various things the individuals are doing; we may not talk a lot. But just like what the picture depicts...

We connect in mysterious ways without speaking - sometimes an hysterical out-of-the-blue 'Ha ha' (these are created sounds, not spoken words), other times a gentle tap (or punch for brothers) on the shoulder as we brush across each other, and most of the time, a simple sweet lil' smile. =)

Perhaps... we are all just peculiar in the head. =p

* * *

Peculiar Love...

I also fondly remember my Greatest Friend from here. I seriously think that i do not deserve to be, or even to be called, his friend. But he was the one who took the first step to draw me with loving-kindness, and tell me he has loved me with an everlasting love. *Aww....*

You may be thinking, who is so audacious to dare to promise everlasting love? How could i believe his words like that???

Well, because "greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends" (John 15:13).

Yes my Jesus called me His friend... but how could i measure up as a friend of God???? Jesus answered, 'B'cos i have laid My life for you, breaking the barrier for you to be able to approach God without shame or guilt'.

I found no reason to doubt words from Someone who knows outrageous Love like this.

* * *

Peculiar Happenings...

Last night a very dear girl S called me up, sharing about her prelims preparation etc. At a pause she suddenly sounded very serious and told me this,

"Mirabel, i have to tell you this. On Monday and Tuesday mornings at 4am, when i woke abruptly halfdazed, i found myself talking with GOD."

"Wow S, God really cares for you so much to want to get so close to you."

..... "But i am not a Christian. Is it okay to talk and pray to Jesus like that?"

"There is nothing right or wrong about this; it all depends on your heart - Were you sincere in talking to Him? Did you really believe? God spoke to me tenderly when i was in primary school, several years before i even hear of the name Jesus. That is how much He loves His people; He wants to be near, like a loving Father over His lovely child.

Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. The Bible tells us this. God definitely does speak to non-Christians too, like me in the past even at the moment He called and drew me to receive Jesus and His love into my life. He is a God of mercy and grace. Mercy is not giving us what we deserve. Grace is giving us what we do not deserve.

Thus Grace is the answer to your question. Jesus has given to you this divine and exciting encounter with Him, which you think you do not deserve."

* Dear S, the next step is for you to seriously consider if you want to answer Jesus' call to receive Him deeper into your life. =) *



* * *

No comments: