Monday, June 05, 2006

Freedom

i was teaching Meiqi and Amanda, about the difference between a daughter and a slave yesterday, and there was this note that resounded in my own mind - A daughter operates in freedom in her spirit and road of conquest.

Internally i began to reflect on this, and pondered on how free i have allowed myself to be in the sight of God, and for Him to use me. My gracious Heavenly Father intercepted my thoughts when He led Pastor Seng Lee to pray for me after i had served the Lord's Supper to the congregation, saying...

"Mirabel, you are a Daughter in freedom; you have been set free. My delight is on you; I delight in you..."

Wow, God showed me that when we are able to stand righteous before Him, to operate in freedom means to operate in God's delight, and in full confidence that the Lord's delight is on us. The joy of the Lord will truly be our strength when we go out to conquer!

Ps Seng Lee ended gently with this phrase 'Know that you do not need to conform, but just be transformed'.

This phrase holds many meanings for me, and i am still hearing God out about what He wants to tell me exactly in this. But i did realise that conformity implies very much the using of our own strength, knowledge and wisdom , while transformation is really a divine and deep act of the Holy Spirit in us.

There was so much assurance from God after the precious prayer, that i sobbed pretty much while partaking of the Lord's supper, as i remembered that indeed 'it is for freedom that Christ has set us free (Galatians 5:1)', and He paid the price of that freedom for us all by dying on the Cross.

*i am freeeeeeeeeee......................................................! weeeeeeeee.....................................!*

No comments: