Saturday, April 15, 2006

These are what i got today!


Yesh, and they all came from one person - a really sweet 10-yr old gal from Yishun Children's Club named Wan Ying. (The birthday card being a super belated one for my birthday last May, haha. Check out how she spelt my name while making the card a month ago!) She touched my heart since the first day i met her two months ago, even though she was pulling a really long face then...cos' she gave me the first smile of that day, mind you, willingly! :)

Looking at her and the other small kids at the club today, i really understood why Jesus loves the small children so much. In Matthew 19:14 of the Bible, Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." The children have greater faith to trust, and thus dare to give more to others.

Jesus actually said this before the verse above "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). That is cos' Jesus is not looking for conditional faith (based on logic, or twisted by our own desires) , half faith.. which actually mean no faith.

The moment Wan Ying saw that she could trust my love for her, she did not reason 'how could anyone ever be good to me just like this?', 'maybe mirrorbell will never come again' (in fact she smses me almost every week to ask if i am going to her club - such pure and immense faith!)... She simply trusted and gave me the best of herself - her art work and drawings (Yeah, her dream is to be an artist, and she carries a little sketchbook around - such focus in her faith!). :)

Wan Ying reminded me to have childlike faith in God. :)

And the visit today ended on such a sweet note as i opened up her little gift (my really belated birthday present) and saw that the words on the wooden photo frame described exactly how i have been feeling towards mingling with the little children from Yishun Club...
A child is a handful some but a heartful all of the time. *melts*

No comments: