Tuesday, April 18, 2006

God please take away the pain...

i always thought that my threshold for physical pain was very high, but not for my stomach cramps this afternoon. The strain in my body was so intense that my heart beat faster, and my hands even shook slightly.

After popping down a panadol, i cringed inside my office toilet, and actually fell asleep on the floor, tired out from battling the crunching pain. The sound of thunder woke me, and to my surprise the pain had subsided within that few minutes of rest.

i think God is asking me a question from here - When i prayed for Him to help, did i really allow Him to do so? I remembered amidst crying out to God, i was trying out all bending and sitting postures to attempt to relieve the pain, and also talking to others or doing my work to distract myself from it, but it got worse. He had to cause me to be still (in sleep) before Him, before He healed me.

The same thing happened probably an hour later. And it was also after i let myself doze off on my desk that my pain was significantly relieved.

We really need to learn to be still before God, and stop trying to interfere in what He wants to do in our lives. =)

this is my office desk -->

No comments: