Monday, April 10, 2006

A man in my life


i wouldn't call him my childhood playmate cos' of our age gap, but i did grow up with him through joy, delight, exasperation and tears.

he used to quite often get on my nerves (probably me on his too). i guess its true that, with people whom you live with and learn to live with, the tolerance level tends to be tested much more than with any other. But there are also times when i couldnt help laughing at his boyishness and cheeky grins.

Having a sporty build, his lean arms have become wonderful grabpoles when you just feel like squeezing something. Gosh to think he was only half my height before!

But oh well, whether he is half or twice (i hope never) as tall as me, whether he steps on my toes or lends me his latest sports bag, no matter what, he is always my precious brother whom i am really proud of! :)

i often pat jiunkai on the shoulder (with a ruffle of his hair sometimes) and say 'Hey, i really think you are wonderful and we will be always proud of you no matter if you are the top scholar or not. We love you for who you are. Just go forth and do your best!' And i mean every word. :)

There was a sense of pride that welled up secret micro-tears in me as i caught sight of jiunkai sitting among the new batch of recruits in Tekong last friday. He is going to be a NS man! What delight it brought to be able to witness my brother's enlistment ceremony, and have that full confidence that he is going to arise out of this phase much stronger - physically, emotionally and psychologically! :) Yesh, my confidence, in the Lord! :)

Boys to men...i never expected this cliche phrase to instil so much joy and pride in me even as a witness of its embarking! Praise God for creating this process! ha. :)

No comments: