Monday, December 26, 2005

How great?


Yesterday during service when we were singing How Great is our God, my spirit was as usual exuberant, my soul risen high in the presence of God, and my hands lifted towards my maginificent God in heavens.

As my hands stretched to my fingertips, i saw that no matter at what angle i tilted my arms, the space they beheld was.....so small. i had to put down my arms. In stillness and quietness at those moments, my heart was completely awed, overwhelmed. God is so great that we can never contain Him. He is so great, that no matter how we sing praises and worship unto Him, we can never offer to Him the same intensity of love and adoration He holds for each of us. Nothing we do can ever be as great as Him.

i was reaching for an invisible God, of the impossible. :)












(Photo courtesy of Travis's friend *wink*)

No comments: