Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Thanksgiving for Trybe

Today i wrote a thanksgiving email to Rachel, Jaime, Jia Huey and Nicholas, staff of Trybe (formerly Thumbs-up) where i am volunteering with. They are my heroes who have inspired and supported me a lot through the five years, together with many others in Trybe whom i did not mention. =)

I hope you see what i mean here when i say i embrace Jesus' words 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'.

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" (Acts 20:35)


luv,
mirabel

* * *


Hi wonderfuls,

I was reflecting on my journey in Thumbs-up!...Trybe for the past years last night, and my heart was filled with much gratitude and thanksgiving.

Thought I will drop a note to you faithful sowers in Trybe to give thanks. =)

In all i do see that i have grown personally (not just in age, haha) through the training and opportunities Trybe has given me. A first essential outcome of these was enabling me to understand myself more. Secondly it definitely empowered me to give to others, in ways beyond my expectation and imagination.

You need to understand how powerful this empowerment has been for me. I grew up as a shy and probably self-conscious kid, never daring to put my hand up in class to speak out. My family was very protective over me, and it turned out to 'discourage' me from stepping out of myself many times.

Interestingly I just recalled that I joined Trybe when, for the first time in my life, I dared to step out for myself, to follow Christ. I did not have an easy time with my parents then. Now I see that it was really God's painstaking planning to place you guys in my life to support and strengthen me at that time.

Thank you too for trusting me enough with your resources and releasing me to deliver Trybe to the masses - both in You can do it! and Life Coaching. (Do you ever wonder what i teach the students??? Haha).

I think I gained much more for myself than what the students always said they got. One most important learning here is the part of being conscious and watchful of my every action and word, if not I can be teaching others the wrong things. As an imperfect person, one of the things I have been intently learning for myself, is to always speak to build and not break others.

Until now, I am still marvelling at the relationships God has allowed me to build with many students through Trybe over the years. Students who attended my You can Do it! sessions years ago still come to me now for advice and friendship even though we may not have met up, for years too.

I hope 'my life can be an example to many, because God has been my strength and protection' (Psalm 71:7, NLT), especially against the worldly standards.

Thank you for letting me discover and trusting me (or more accurately, Jesus in me) that I can be a positive example to others! =)


luv,
mirabel

1 comment:

Raffy said...

Wow mirabel... you are such a blessing to us too!