Tuesday, May 02, 2006

those were the days



Something spurred me to browse thru' the photos of my university days today. Beside giving thanks to God for how He has transformed and purposed my life through those years by opening my spiritual eyes, i couldn't thank Him enough for the opportunities during those days, to really take a look at the world out there.

i was pretty wild, or in a nicer sense, adventurous. i still am, but i guess the wanderlust pill in me took effect more, and i took flight more into the amazing natures during then with my architecture mates. It was liberating to be intimately amidst the untouched grandeur of God's creation of the nature. And easy to become abit more playful too.

These adventures were also when God drew near to me out of His initiative and mercy, me being a baby in Christ then and still groping my way to know Him more. My first closest encounter with God occured when i was hopping across the river rocks at a falls in Trengganu, and i lost my footing and ended up in a Spiderman posture sprawled over the rocks. Any slight movement could make me slip right into the flowing waters, thus my mates were clueless for some seconds on what they could do. My arms were definitely not strong enough to pull myself upwards too.

But i remembered the song that i was singing throughout that trip - 'You are my strength when i am weak... You are the Treasure that i seek.. You are my All in All...'. Yesh in my mind i screamed 'Jesus help me!', and the next moment my arms found extraordinary strength. Somehow i managed to lift myself to the dry rocks...unto safe land! Indeed Jesus is my strength when i am weak!

Graduation from NUS brought an underlying graduation to the adventurous days. But definitely, i will be back! *winks*

No comments: