Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Midautumn lovelies

This year's personal highlight for Midautumn goes to.....

Tung Lok's Bing Pi Mooncakes!

Icy....yolky..soft... and melts in your mouth... Bagus!

* * *

My parents and i had dinner at my grandma's tonight. Normal dishes, but the lil' time of catch-up over the meal beat them all. As usual, my mum and granny was asking me to eat eat eat, gosh they would not even believe when i told them that my weight is above 50kg - definitely healthy! =)

My dad is back, and tonight i whispered a silent prayer for him as i massaged his shoulders! hee.

* * *

On my way to my grandma's, i passed by once again the old site of my primary school. Though the building was already redundant a couple of years ago, it was only recently torn down. There was a lil' tinge of sadness at the thought of not being able to walk my school to relive the lovely memories. But hey, one of my life principles is that i will choose to look ahead at all times. The reason is simple - the future is always full of surprising hope and opportunities that i can tap on, whereas the past is not for me to change! =)

A poem that i wrote this February when i treaded that old neighbourhood fondly remembered:
A trip round my childhood's neighbourhood

* * *

Saw many kids playing with candles and lanterns tonight. I felt an urge to join them but i didn't. But i definitely miss these moments of simple tools, simple joy and simple fun. =)


My NUS aki friends and i used to carry lanterns and play with candles at the playground =p

And i am simply glad that we still meet up till now. =)

No comments: