Friday, September 07, 2007

Ding Dong Bell...

Believe it or not, that is a nick which some people, including my own mum, used on me.

Once my friend phoned and asked for 'Mirabel', the next moment my mum was exclaiming as she held the receiver, "DING DONGGG BELLLLL your call!"

Many associated my ding-dongness with my sporadic crazy moments. Well, try me. =p

I always fondly remember at a few Christmas parties, my friends had sung 'Mira-bell.. mira-bell... mira all the wayyy' to the tune of Jingle Bells. Maybe they are the ding dong ones. Ha.

***

Well recently i discovered i really like the sounds of bells. I began to imagine God watching me dance to the rythmns of chimes. A certain clock tower chime has been stuck in my head for two days.

I dearly remember a beautiful museum in Hokkaido. Amidst the white landscape laden with snow piles of different heights, rows of dark oak shophouses line the streets, and one classic grayish brick building stood in the middle of somewhere.


As you step in, an aura of nostalgia and fantasy welcome you together with the sounds of a thousand chimes - of different frequencies, tunes and beats, which yet gently symphonise.

Rows and rows and storeys of different musical boxes of all sizes and shapes fill the space...

[A picture which i took when i was there]

15phin chimes


For more information on Otaru Musical Box Museum, visit here. You can even create your own musical box there.

No comments: