Saturday, January 27, 2007

i will not fear..


















On board a bus last Saturday, a pair of mother and son chose to stand at the standing bay just beside the exit door.

"Hold me up, carry me. I want you to carry me!" the son (around 4 years old) exclaimed to his mother, while fighting to climb up into her arms.

After a few pleas, the mother relented and carried the boy. An enormous grin spread across the boy's face.

We all know how buses can jerk. A slight brake brought the struggling mother stumbling to the seats on their right, and another sudden thrust brought the boy sliding downwards and their faces (almost) flat upon the transparent pane beside the door. Thank God they were not exactly hurt!

A few moments later...

"Mummy i want you to carry me again!"

"No son, aren't you scared now?"

"No mummy, i am not scared. I am not afraid of anything!" the boy exclaimed, putting all his confidence in the mother's arms once again.

* * *

How the boy trusts his mother touched me. I thought i heard his heart's voice "As long as i am in your arms, i am not afraid of anything!".

This brought me to ponder upon my relationship with my Heavenly Father. If a woman's tender pair of arms can bring so much security to a child, how much safer and assured we ought to feel in the embrace of the Heavenly Father's arms, which never fail!

And God confirms this to me thru His word...
"He reached down from on high and took hold of me.." (Psalm 18:16a)
"His right hand sustains me.." (Psalm 18:35b)

"If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

Father, i am not afraid of anything as long as i am in Your arms! =)

No comments: