Thursday, March 03, 2005

a slave to all men.

Though i am free and belong to no man, i make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews i became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law i became like one under the law (though i myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law i became like one not having the law (though i am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak i became weak, to win the weak. i have become all things to all men so that by all possible means i might save some. i do all this for the sake of the gospel, that i may share in its blessings.

~1 Corinthians 9:19-23


O Lord i am very sure that when Ps Yong Howe talked about these verses @post-encounter on sun, You were reminding me of Your further elaboration of the vision You have given me.

To the weak i became weak, to win the weak.

The thing that came to my mind just as i was typing the above line: Yesh, it is nothing wrong to be weak! it is okay to be weak!

Yesh Lord, in order to set the captives free, i needed to be on the prison grounds, to be at their levels. Even if i tread on satan's territories, Father i know You will grant me final victory over them. Yesh Lord, i need to talk with them and minister to them at their levels.


How many times have i been impatient with the youth?
What about those times i think myself more holy and righteous than my mother, just because i am a christian and she is not yet?
Do i take pride in myself too much- in my satisfaction with my physical outlook and being, my sonship with You etc.- more than in Jesus in me?? Such that i placed myself on a pedestal in the world around me?

O Father, may You continue Your lesson of humility in my life. I want to put on the clothes of complete humility and compassion.

No comments: