Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eyes on the Most High

F O C U S.

This is really something that the Lord has been training me in, in all that i do. Well, if my new year's conviction is that i want to put in my best in the things i do, i really have to learn to focus.

Yet it is not about focusing on the things i do, but focusing on God in them.
W O R S H I P. We worship God in whatever we do for Him as long as our eyes are on Him.

Colossians 3:1-2 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

* * *

Tonight at my dance class, i had one of my best times dancing. i put in my heart and soul to dance for the Lord - all i wanted to make sure was that i did every move at the right timing, that my body articulated every move well.

So i danced, danced and danced till i fell to the ground at the last steps...

... and giggled at myself.

Though i felt exerted and my tired left leg had buckled slightly a few times as i did my leaps, my soul was flooded with joy.

i had never felt such delight in dancing. The symptoms above told me that i really put in my best this time.

* * *

One character who inspired me to dance wholeheartedly is actually the lead actress Mingyue in the Korean period drama now showing on Channel U on Saturday and Sunday evenings. (I really do not have much time for tv actually, but after i chanced upon this drama, the Lord has been teaching me a lot through it)

Such mighty focus and persevering heart she (playing a courtesan) showed me, to perfect every move, so as to perform the best for their king.

I will do the same, for my King, my Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer... Jesus Christ! =)

No comments: