Thursday, January 31, 2008

Abandonment - Excellence

You called my name
Reached out Your hand
Restored my life
And I was redeemed
The moment You entered my life

Amazing grace
Christ gave that day
My life was changed
When from my shoulders
Fell the weight of my sin

So it’s with everything I am
I reach out for Your hand
The hope for change
The second chance I’ve gained

On You I throw my life
Casting all my fears aside
How could greater love than this
Ever possibly exist

Consume my thoughts
As I rest in You
I’m now in love
With a Saviour
Bearing the marks of His love

So I’ll wait upon You now
With my hands released to You
Where a little faith’s enough
To see mountains lift and move

And I’ll wait upon You now
Dedicated to Your will
To this love that will remain
A love that never fails



Heard this new song Second Chance from Hillsong a few weeks ago, but only listened carefully to the lyrics today. What poetic lyrics with meaning that seems to exclaim from a silent voice... deep within my heart.

Somehow they are hard to sing out loud, not because of the nature of the song, but the lyrics carry so much weight that only a spirit totally surrendered to God can sing. Me, i had been feeling slightly burdened the past few days; i could not focus on God. i could not even dance this Monday. =(

The Lord reminded me to 'cast ALL my anxiety on Him, because He cares for me' (1 Peter 5:7). And i remembered, yes, my faith goal this year is to give my best for Him in all i do, and the only way to do so, is to abandon myself (including all the discouragement and disappointments) unto Him.

i looked at my last three blog entries, and realised... the above was exactly what the Lord had been teaching me to do since the very first day of this year - the abandonment of myself that then leads me into excellence in what i do.

Sounds ironical, but that is exactly the way God works. i listened to the song 'The Stand' again and again this year because my spirit wants to sing 'With arms high and heart abandoned'.

And the Lord gave me yet another song 'Second Chance' to show me the way again - throw my life on Him, cast all my fears aside.

I am now resting myself in my Lord... waiting upon Him. =)


So it’s with everything I am ... I reach out for Your hand

No comments: