Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Catching planes fly

i think not many of you know this, but i love spending time alone. i can walk and walk on, with no agenda or preplanned route, simply enjoying myself... and God. =)

After some hours at BroadcastAsia and CommunicAsia last Wednesday, having some time before heading to precious Jing's to visit her mum, i headed for my JC-times favourite haunt... the Singapore Changi Airport!

With my two breads in hand, i sat at the viewing gallery and did what people at an airport's viewing gallery will do - catch sight of the landing and taking-off planes. Ha. What else were you thinking?

Each time i sought hard to look out for the planes, i saw nothing, turned to nimble my bread and continued reading John Eldredge's Waking the Dead.

Each time i happened to look up, twitching my head to rest my eyes from the reading, i saw, at the corner of my eye, a plane take off or land.

And this cycle of 'hide-and-seek' occurred at least three times during my time there.

i realised God was telling me something:

Why try so hard to find something yourself? Ask (Me) and you shall receive; seek and you will find (Matthew 7:8). I GIVE it to you, usually when or where you don't expect it.

With a lighter heart, i left the gallery and hopped unto the city bus, feeling like a backpacker freshly touched down. Well i packed my feelings. =)

No comments: