Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Why i love small children n' babies

Recently i realised the very reason why i love the little ones: Well, cos' they need to receive and also give to me my very top l o v e l a n g u a g e - Physical Touch.

(How do i know my top love language? Look
here.)

Do not be alarmed thinking that i love people to touch me anyhow and out of the blue. =P I am referring to an intentional warm hug, or friendly nudge on the shoulder, just for the gain of a smile in the hearts. It can also be a playful ruffle of the hair at cheeky moments, or an empathetic rub on the hands or arm when someone needs comfort. Even the slight brush of the heads sort of feels so affectionate, don't you think so?



The little ones, in their vulnerability, boldly ask for love thru' touch ever since they were born out of the wombs. They seek to be cradled tight, to be held in the hand, to be embraced close... these are wordless and priceless deep affirmations of love for them.

And if they receive enough of these, they learn to give the same love boldly in trust and love. Have you ever had a small kid run up to you just to hold your hand or embrace your waist? (most of the time, leg actually, cos' they are not tall enough)

They (usually) don't ask 'Can i hold/hug you?' before doing that.

i love the touch of a child. My 6-yr old cousin Javier likes to insert his hand cheekily into mine while walking, then asking me the most amazing questions in the world. His 11-yr old sister would grab my waist gently. Sometimes my pastor's elder daughter Elsie snuggles up to me to comb my hair with her tiny fingers. The younger daughter Anna falls asleep fast when tired, her head propped on your shoulder beside the neck - all without due notice.

And all these tell me, "i love you, i trust you..." and i feel so loved by the little ones. =)


* * *

Some photos from my recent family trip to Genting :

Mummy & me

With Grandma & Joyce


My Uncle n' wife & kids, Grandma & Mummy


No comments: