Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Singaporean dad in Japan



Seeing so much about the loving Japanese dad, Ayumu Takahashi, in my previous posts, my attention was brought to my spiritual Ahpa, Pastor Yeang Cherng.

He always tells us that he does not know how to be a good daddy, and how to relate to his daughters - both natural and spiritual. But i thank God enough that he is humble enough to always strive to learn from the Heavenly Father, the father's role. Just like what i told him last Friday, "Ahpa i already see you as my father. I see you really trying, and i thank you for that. Can i give you a hug?".

Probably cos' my own natural father is always overseas, every minimal thing that Ahpa YC had taught and done for me was BIG enough in my eyes. Simple gestures like 'Hey Mirabel i am looking forward to more time of catching up with you in Japan', short walks and dinner together during the free time at MOL Tokyo, warmed my heart greatly. I still remember one night in Tokyo, he said 'Hey Mirabel there is something i must talk to you about before we get back to our hostel', and he suddenly stole time to begin his fatherly talk on his daughter's (my) 'future happiness'. Ha. What came out of it? I dare you to ask me. =p

No comments: