Tuesday, August 15, 2006

i have two 'cars' that bring me across miles



i love to walk. My two 'cars' (referring to legs in the hokkien dialect) almost never grow weary as they trot places. And i always wish i have more time to stride longer miles (i don't mean on the treadmill).

Yesterday i felt pent up in office. Suddenly i missed Jesus... i missed the intimacy of His companionship and presence. Jesus is real and He lives in the present. He desires to be our Soulmate at every present moment. But i had shoved Him aside many times, when i felt like being alone, when i received much attention from others, when i relied on man more than Him...

This was it. I would not shortchange myself of Jesus in my life. I invited Jesus on a walk with me after work. There was no better companion for this favoured hobby.

(Click to read on about the beautiful walk)


Just some minutes into the time with Jesus, i began to think of some dear gals and my granny - Hey today is Jean's birthday, i must call her. Ooh i miss Pat, i shall give her a call. I will ring Angela too to bless this baby in Christ, and why not Dina and Felicia too. Oh i am going to pass by Ying Shuen's place, should i pop by? I feel like visiting my grandma too, probably i could buy some desserts and then walk to her house.....

Aren't you spending time with Me? Jesus asked. Hee, sorry. All plans aborted and left for later.

And indeed i simply allowed the Holy Spirit to lead me. Jesus spoke to me about many things about ministry, the role and true beauty of a woman (in relation to
this article), about me wanting to be a tree... Reaching Chinese Garden MRT Station i thought probably i should head home, but my heart was reluctant to end the walk with Jesus. I then walked along Jurong Lake which was as dark as shadow so i kept to the main road (with all the dust blowing at my face, yucks =p).

(30 minutes into my walk) I spotted an iguana on the tree bark as i turned the corner into Jurong Town Hall Road, but i did not shudder as usual because this 'verse' was in my heart 'If God is for me, what can an iguana do to me?' =p

A few steps after that, Jesus suddenly popped this question 'Do you really want to get married?'. i was stunned for a split second, after which i chuckled. He then began a series of 'interrogating' questions, and the point of conviction came only when He showed me His face - the state of it when He was crucified. He showed me His body - broken, broken, and broken.

Jesus then asked, Are you really willing to serve Me, someone who had been this broken and crushed? Are you really willing to die, die and die in order to serve Me? I had been in worse inferior state than any man, including your future husband, can be in.

My heart pained badly for Jesus. Planet Shaker's song Evermore continued to play in my mind... i sensed much of my own desires die; the redundant superficial concerns fell away. i felt so much lighter as i continued walking and chatting with my Shepherd...

it was an awesome 1-hr walk. My 'cars' had taken me probably across 3.5km, but Jesus had brought my heart a thousand miles closer to His.

More walks to come! =)

No comments: