Monday, August 06, 2007

Identity 'Crisis' | Mended Dream

I have been talking to more strangers than ever. Ha. To bless them for the 100K Blessings Campaign that my church is currently doing.

Here are some interesting comments from them about me, which I am still giggling over:

"I thought you were Malay! That's why i didn't dare to serve you cos' my English is bad"

"Hee i only dare to smile at you cos' i thought you were not Singaporean"

"You definitely don't look Singapore, somewhat Spanish.."

Well well i definitely deserve an INTERNATIONAL passport, in the literal sense. Ha.

What do you think i look like then? =p

* * *

I finally stepped IN to dance again, yes into a dance studio.

I felt so liberated at my contemporary dance class last Friday!

Many of you would not know this deepest passion in me, cos' i had not worked on it or even talked about it for years.

I had been dancing from my primary school to JC days. Then it was inconfidence and lack of courage that stopped me from dancing again.

But I can't describe how grateful and excited i am that God remembers my dream all these while. And i almost thought i had lost my dance vibes, but i could still dance last Friday! hee. Like in the worship song we sang in church yesterday, my heart is singing 'Broken dreams are alive again...'! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like what your shared...

"But I can't describe how grateful and excited i am that God remembers my dream all these while."

Am so happy you found joy in dancing again. God has woken my joy in fitness as well too! I was a PE teacher but stopped everything when I was 'handicapped' by my knee injury many years ago. Have just realised God kept what I love most still...after so many years after all. Same gratefulness indeed!

God is great! Enjoy your newfound joy!

God bless you! :)



Cheer from the Youthnet Family! :)

mirabop said...

Thanks Maggie!

Are you Miss Passerby? =p Hee.

I am so glad for you too. May you continue to run with Jesus towards your dream. You have potential! =)

Mirabel