Monday, December 04, 2006

With the finish line in sight...


Woohooo i completed my first half-marathon (21km) in my life yesterday!

Well definitely not a super runner or marathon champion, i do still see myself as a winner because throughout the course and even before, i saw the finishing line in my mind, and i knew i would finish it. And i did. =)

No regrets, despite these takeaways from the race - slight pain in the joints between the legs and the torso, a few bruised toenails, bad headache and over-exerted strain on the stomach (i forgot to eat breakfast! gosh).

As i think back, i am really sure that Jesus supported and carried me through the race cos of that unmovable perseverance in me which i didn't quite understand, and i had none of those knee strains or leg muscle cramps that others had been complaining of. (Hmm, maybe this meant that i did not push myself enough! hee)

Timing for Half Marathon = 3h:17m:49s (can be better)

It was in fact a really joyful run, as i ran alongside two of my sisters for the first half (after which i decided to keep on my own momentum - which is hard to grab at times - and ran ahead). It was such a delight to see my gals Dina and Meiqi along the route, and to cheer and wave to so many others in the YouthNet family. I am so proud of all of you; we finished well! =)





i seriously don't know why bro Junhao had this face (haha..). Well he calls it the 'champion face'.

No comments: