Thursday, July 20, 2006

Would you want your kid to look like him?

My daily routine of getting ready for work in my room includes listening to Class 95 on the ray-deee-yo. Not been catching up with the ongoing Singapore Idol contest, the upbeat conversation between djs The Flying Dutchman and Glenn Ong brought me to the image of one contestant, Paul Twohill, once again to remember how it really stunned and then puzzled me when i first saw him on tv.

"Would you like your kids to look like him?"
"Well, my kids are not performers..."
"But...Paul looks like this even when he is not on stage!"...

Some of Paul's looks in the photos sent a little chill down my spine. I would not want my kids to look like this! Personally i felt the image speaks more of a lack of self-esteem, you know, like not being able to face the world, more than an unique style. Is the world so glaring to him, that his sight has to be screened through his fringe?

i am guessing this cos' i remembered a period of time in my youth days when i tried to use my hair to cover my face. *Gasps*. And i knew deep down, it was definitely not a stylish act.

Back to the question. So..
Would you want your kids to look like this?

To what extent can we be different so as to be unique, without (ahem) scaring the world? :p

Disclaimer: This post carries no intention to undermine the singing ability of Paul Twohill (i have heard he sings really well *well done!*) or to suggest a revolt against Paul's hair.style. The written is only a personal opinion.

:p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there was no warning before i clicked on the picture and got the shock of my life!

thing is i dont think one can judge others based on their looks and their behaviour if they dont impose their actions on you. none of us know paul twohill personally.

moreover you have always been a wonderful friend, am sure your kids in future will be every bit as wonderful as you!

mirabop said...

Haha thanks my dear daisy *hugs*

By the way i removed Paul Twohill's photos from my blog, cos i got a lil' scared glancing at them in the late night. Ha. :P