Tuesday, January 17, 2006

my full name

did i ever tell you that my full name is actually


ong ling yeng mirabel Yours sarah abraham who belongs to God forever and ever. Grace

?


in short, you can call me olymysa-Grace. Not so much of an acronym huh. :P

This name is actually an snapshot of my life:

i was born and given the name ong ling yeng by my parents.

when i was 18, God popped the name mirabel into my mind, without telling me that
this will be the name He calls me by....

at 20 i received Jesus into my life, after which mirabel became my baptism name three years later.

in early 2005, when i asked God who i am, through a song He gave me the answer: i am... Yours.

i came to a point of immense faith, when i wanted to start clinging unto my destiny to be a mother of nations- to be like Sarah in the bible, to be Sarah. And of cos' the husband name has got to follow - Sarah Abraham.

Once when i wrote my name stuck together like this: mirabelong, i was stunned to see the word 'belong' in it. As silly as it may seem to you, that moment froze me in bewilderment that God was using this to remind me that i truly belong to Him.

As Grace abounds more and more in my life, i realise i cannot live at all without God's grace. i cannot serve God outside of His grace as well. in the first place, He didnt need anyone at all to assist Him in His great redemption plans for the people. Grace, you can't rub it off my life. :)


As you might have guessed, my full name may not end here. Stay tuned! :P

No comments: