Monday, November 21, 2005

treasure the treasures. [upset]

my neighbour, the father of the family next door, passed away last fri night, peacefully they said.

i have been feeling pretty upset about this, to an extent that i didnt understand why too.
i guess it has got to do with the tinge of regret i bear, for procrastinating my visiting him at the hospital before this. i shan't go into the reasons or excuses here.

i was upset that i couldnt remember his face. But i thank God that i remember a man whose every toil was for the comfort of his family, who fought hard for them, even when work seemed to be going downhill. i remember his favourite pastime was to croon the oldies out loud on his hi-fi set - probably his way of driving away the blues and lethargy.

i saw a tired man, who yet never failed to give me a really warm charming smile every time he met me...


i heard from my mother that he was anxiously waiting to recover, abandon the hospital bed, and then spend every cent just to bring his whole family on an overseas holiday- something that he always wanted to do but did not exactly had the means to. But...when he said that, he didn't know that he was in the last stage of cancer. His family had hidden the truth from him till the very last days.


I am not exactly sure why i am writing all these down too...but this incident has made me miss my own dad, who is always overseas, a lot. This really redundant thought just came to me: if i could be this upset about a next-door uncle, how would i be if it were my dad... i had to sweep it away at once. Come on mirabel, that is not the most God-honouring thought; it should be about praying harder for and claiming with greater faith your parents' salvations.

Yesh Father, and please use me to bless, strengthen and comfort the family more as well; to love my neighbours.

No comments: