Wednesday, October 12, 2005

in the presence of One...sing!

God sang over me; He put a whole new spirit of singing in my soul, singing for Him.

it's an incredibly different sensation; i know it. Cos' when i worship Him now, my voice seeks to reach just the One.

In the audience of many, but the presence of One. that was exactly how it was for me last Saturday night. : )

haa...i can sing i can sing i can sing i can sing! lalala....


~~~~~~~

God did it again.

Each time before He rose me up (from my comfort zone, my fears and skepticism, my past etc.), He would reduce me to the posture and mindset of a little girl, putting me face to face with all the inherent sense of inadequacy and frailty in me, before He restored me to reflect His glory in its highest form the next moment (almost).

Claustrophobia flooded me during my first practice with my good bro, joshua's band Free Fall (whom i sang with last Saturday) - in the physical (band) room and in the emotional bandwidth of my thumping heart. i was crutching the edges of my stool, and almost wanting to dash out of the room. i couldnt make the little girl in me sing. sweats.

But look how God made me soar that night....in the presence of One. : )

(2 Corinthians 12:9) But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore i will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

~~~~~~~~~
to those who came down to MagicBox to support and watch, i really appreciate your presence! : ) Especially to my spiritual family, the youths in my network, carl, stacy, jia huey(!), dy, chee aikky, qingtian, weiliang, edwin, eunice, and of course my dearest amanda and ahqi, etc! *big grin* Not forgetting those who sent me such encouraging smses. hee. Thanks, Free Fall, for 'tolerating' me too ha! it was really fun working with you bros! Ooh jasmine sis, i cant thank God enough for you for this gig - thanks for teaching and spurring me on! *wink!*
(Photos courtesy of bro quanwei :> )

No comments: