Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catch up dinner with my ex-Coachees

From left: Ainiah, Amy, Belinda (coach intern), Ronghui, Yati, me, Elizabeth


Call it occupational hazard or 'trying to be difficult', even during my catch up dinner with my first batch of life coachees last night, I could not help but ask them these leading questions:

* How do you think you have grown in the past year?
(Most of them entered a new stage of life into the Polys last year, one of them emerged through the O'levels, and another began working for the time being)

* What do you hope to work on in your personal life that will make this year better than the last?

The truth is, i wasn't trying to be difficult. I believe in the power of speaking out your growth journey and personal goals. It is always different when we hear our own selves articulate these, especially the affirmation of our growth.

So there i was trying to 'poke' into their lives though our official life coaching journey ended more than a year back. But it definitely paid off to be meddlesome in this case. My heart leapt with unspeakable joy as i heard each of them share from my questions above, especially when some of them expressed that they had overcome certain issues that were brought to light during the coaching journey!

I guess the best answer that i had gotten to my first question above was: moustache.


Shereen and Asyiqin, you were missed! =)

No comments: