Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thank you Meishan

Dear Meishan invited me to her community event last night. Tired as i was, i thanked God tremendously when i was there, that i went.

I saw so many smiles of truest joy on the faces of so many kids, especially the moment each of them received the balloon sculptures he/she had asked for.

Not just the children, even their parents seemed to wear a more simple and childlike delight, seeing the colours and shapes.

And most importantly, i observed the dedication, commitment and patience in Meishan as she twisted balloons after balloons, having to manage and entertain both the event visitors and also the helpers. Every other minute, she might have turned to me, holding up her finger, saying 'Pain pain', but she always did that with a sweet smile, not as an act of complaint at all.

So proud of her. =)

See what she personally folded for me in the picture above!

She intentionally stayed later just to keep her promise to fold a gift for me. I requested that she rested instead, since she was tired and her finger was painful. But she replied with her sweetest smile again, 'It's okay. I promised you mah. I want to fold for you'.

Simple act of love. Simple gifts. But they touched my heart tremendously. =)

(Even if i had to carry the balloon sculptures on the mrt after that, and had the people around me staring at me. Ha. Maybe they were admiring the sculptures) =)

No comments: